Rathbone Market Community Work
John Sisk & Son is establishing a Building Crafts college for local residents to gain work experience and training.
As part of this we provided studio space to YNA (Young Newham Artists), a free programme allowing 16-19 year old artists to develop their portfolios, learn key marketing and business management skills and gain two accredited qualifications.
Other initiatives included:
- Donations to a local hospice and raising money for Red Nose Day.
- Senior contracts manager attended the town centre network meeting discussing local business work possibilities.
- The company is sponsoring Easter Market and spring event at Rokeby School.
- The rent and all the bills of art studio adjacent to the site are paid by John Sisk & Son.
- London Fire Brigade has offered to use the site as a training tool for site emergencies.